Descendants of Greenberry Flinn & Sarah Johnson
Generation No. 1
1. GREENBERRY FLINN (JESSE CANNON2, UNKNOWN1) was born 1829 in Wayne Co., KY He married (1) SARAH JOHNSON February 13, 1850 in Wayne Co., KY (Source: Mildred Moody Nutter, Marriages of Wayne County, Kentucky 1801-1860, 40.), daughter of WASHINGTON JOHNSON and NANCY THOMPSON. He married (2) MARGARET JANE JONES June 03, 1886 in Pulaski Co., KY (Source: LDS records)daughter of SHELBY JONES and REBECCA PENDLEY.
Notes for GREENBERRY FLINN:
He served in Company K, 12th KY Inf. USA. He enrolled Oct 10, 1861 and was mustered in Jan 23, 1863 at Louisville, KY. He enrolled for a 3 year term.
He had to forfeit all pay, &c from May 12, 1864 to Oct 5, 1864.
Information identified in the Flynn family tradition paper, indicates that Green Berry joined the Union Army, Company K, 12th Kentucky Infantry at the age of 31, serving for six (6) years from 1860 - 1866. On March 28, 1993 I located Civil War records for Green B. Flinn who had a widow Margaret J.. He served in Company K of the 12th Kentucky Infantry. He entered as a private and was discharged as a private. An application for pension was filed on 22 July 1882 from the state of Kentucky and was given an application number 455,477 and certificate number 468,341. On 20 February 1900 a second request for pension was filed from the state of Kentucky and was given application number 713,730 with a certificate number of 519,092.(General Index to Civil War Pension Files 1861 - 1934)
Greene B. FLINN Priv Co K 12 Ky INF 16-oct-1861-jul-185 Tateville,KY PILES
More About GREENBERRY FLINN:
Buried: Flynn Piney Grove Cemetery #2, Pulaski Co., KY (Source: Cemetery records.)
More About MARGARET JANE JONES:
Buried: Gibson Cemetery, Pulaski Co., KY
Marriage Notes for GREENBERRY FLINN and MARGARET JONES:
Green Berry's second marriage to Margaret Jane Jones-Noe, occurred at the residence of the groom in Wayne County, Kentucky. Green Berry was 57 years old and Margaret was 30 years old. This was the second marriage for both subjects. Surety was granted by Shelby C. Jones (father) with G. S. Jones (brother) as witness. They were married by Phillip Mayfield.
Children of GREENBERRY FLINN and SARAH JOHNSON are:
2. i. NANCY FLYNN, b. Abt. 1852, Kentucky.
3. ii. MARY ANN FLYNN, b. May 10, 1853, Wayne Co., KY.
4. iii.CYRENE FLYNN, b. Abt. 1855, Kentucky.
iv.MALINDA A. FLYNN, b. Abt. 1857 (Name also given as Lizzy A.); m. WILLIAM EADS.
5. v. JOHN TATE FLYNN, b. April 08, 1860, Wayne Co., KY; d. November 09, 1943, Pulaski, Co., KY..
6. vi. GREEN BERRY GEORGE FLYNN, b. April 12, 1869, Wayne Co., KY; d. June 06, 1952, Pulaski Co., KY.
7. vii. ROSA MARY FLYNN, b. November 16, 1871, Wayne Co., KY; d. April 02, 1943, Hilltop, Kentucky.
8. viii. JAMES WILLIAM FLYNN, b. January 1877, Pulaski Co., Kentucky; d. July 17, 1918, Wayne Co., KY.
Children of GREENBERRY FLINN and MARGARET JONES are:
9. ix. SALLY J.4 FLINN, b. January 1886, Kentucky.
10. x. RUTHIE MARY FLINN, b. May 1888, Kentucky.
11. xi. GENERAL SHERMAN FLYNN, b. August 01, 1889, KY; d. October 19, 1963, Pulaski Co., KY.
12. xii. MARIA LENORA FLINN, b. January 1892, Kentucky.
13. xiii. BETTY F. FLYNN, b. November 15, 1892, KY; d. April 23, 1965, Pulaski, Co., KY..
14. xiv. RHODA BELL FLINN, b. January 27, 1896, KY; d. October 25, 1963, Pulaski, Co., KY.
.......................................................................Researcher: Diana Flynn (present email address unknown)
Updated 12 February, 2005