Descendants of John Johnson, Sr.
Generation No. 1
1.JOHN1 JOHNSON, SR. was born 1751 in Louisa Co., Virginia. The family moved to Campbell Co., VA when John was young. After the Rev. War, he relocated to Pendleton Dist., SC. He lived there until about 1817 and relocated to Washington Co., MO where he died 1834. He married AGNES CLARK
Children of JOHN JOHNSON and AGNES CLARK are:
2. i. JOSIAH2 JOHNSON, b. 1774
ii. JEPTHA JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1777,
iii. WINNIFRED "FRED" JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1779
3. iv. URIAH JOHNSON, b. 1782; d. 1846, Washington Co., MO.
v. MARY "POLLY" JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1783,
vi. RACHEL JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1785,
4. vii. JOHN ASHLEY JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1787 d. Bef. 1834, Benton County, Arkansas.
Generation No. 2
2.JOSIAH2 JOHNSON was born 1774 in Campbell County, Virginia, and died 1859 in Stone Prairie, Barry Co, Missouri. He married MARY ANDERSON "POLLY" DUCKWORTH
Children of JOSIAH JOHNSON and MARY DUCKWORTH are:
5. i. JEPTHA BEAUFORD3 JOHNSON, b. 1807
ii. JOHN W. JOHNSON, b. 1809,
iii. FRANCES JOHNSON, b. 1811,
iv. JOSEPH D. JOHNSON, b. 1813.
6. v. PLEASANT JACKSON JOHNSON, b. 1815.
7. vi. CAPTAIN URIAH P. JOHNSON, b. 1817; d. 1864
vii. SARAH LEUCINDA JOHNSON, b. 1819
viii. ELIZABETH "BETSY" M. JOHNSON, b. 1822
ix. POLLY ANN JOHNSON, b. 1824.
8. x. JOSIAH CLARK JOHNSON, b. 1826
xi. EMILY OLIVE JOHNSON, b. 1828
xii. ALIA JOHNSON, b. 1830
xiii. JOHN P. JOHNSON, b. 1835, .
xiv. JEPTHA A. JOHNSON, b. 1837
xv. MEANY JOHNSON, b. 1839
3. URIAH JOHNSON was born 1782, and died 1846 in Washington Co., MO. He married OLIVE HILL
Children of URIAH JOHNSON and OLIVE HILL are:
9. i. MALINDA3 JOHNSON, b. 1805
10. ii. ALIA JOHNSON, b. 1807
11. iii. JOHN HILL JOHNSON, b. 1810
12. iv. THOMAS ROADS JOHNSON, b. 1814
v. SIDNEY OLIVE JOHNSON, b. 1823.
13. vi. ISAAC CLARK JOHNSON, b. 1825
4. JOHN ASHLEY2 JOHNSON was born Abt. 1787 in South Carolina (?), and died Bef. 1834 in Benton County, Arkansas. He married EMILY ANN GILBERT Abt. 1815 in Pendleton District, South Carolina. She died Abt. 1831 in Washington County, Missouri.
Children of JOHN JOHNSON and EMILY GILBERT are:
i. THOMAS J. D.3 JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1816
14. ii. HARRIET ANN JOHNSON, b. 1819
15. iii. LUCINDA AGNES JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1822
16. iv. ALEY CAROLINE JOHNSON, b. 1826
v. JOHN CLARK JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1831
Generation No. 3
5. JEPTHA BEAUFORD3 JOHNSON was born 1807 in South Carolina, and died 11 August 1878 in Washington County, Missouri. He married ALIA JOHNSON 1847 in Washington Co., Missouri, daughter of URIAH JOHNSON and OLIVE HILL. She was born 1807 in Jackson County, Georgia, and died 1899 in Ebo, Washington Co., Missouri.
Children of JEPTHA JOHNSON and ALIA JOHNSON are:
i. (None are known)
6. PLEASANT JACKSON3 JOHNSON was born 1815. He married MARY ELIZABETH MAXWELL 25 October 1842 in Washington County, Missouri
Children of PLEASANT JOHNSON and MARY MAXWELL are:
i. THEODORE LYCURGIS4 JOHNSON, b. 1844
ii. MARY ELIZABETH JOHNSON, b. 1847
iii. THOMAS JOSIAH JOHNSON, b. 1849
iv. LAURA CATHERINE JOHNSON, b. 1853
v. JAMES CLARK JOHNSON, b. 1854
vi. JOSEPH EDWIN JOHNSON, b. 1857
7. URIAH P.3 JOHNSON was born 1817, and died 1864 . He married EVALINE ELIZA HORINE, 1853 in Washington County, Missouri.
Children of URIAH JOHNSON and EVALINE HORINE are:
i. MARY JOSEPHINE4 JOHNSON, b. 1856
ii. THEODOSIA JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1857
iii. JOSIAH HORINE JOHNSON, b. 1859
iv. URIAH PLEASANT JOHNSON, b. 1862
8. JOSIAH CLARK3 JOHNSON was born 1826 in Washington Co., Missouri.
Child of JOSIAH CLARK JOHNSON is:
i. JAMES LEE4 JOHNSON, b. 1869
9. MALINDA3 JOHNSON was born 1805, and died Bef. 1853 in Washington County, Missouri. She married WILLIAM MCCRACKEN
Children of MALINDA JOHNSON and WILLIAM MCCRACKEN are:
i. SOPHRONA4 MCCRACKEN, b. Abt. 1825
ii. ELIZA MARGARET MCCRACKEN, b. Abt. 1826.
iii. ALY AMANDA MCCRACKEN, b. Abt. 1827.
iv. SIDNEY MILDRED MCCRACKEN, b. Abt. 1828.
10. ALIA3 JOHNSON was born 1807, and died 1899 in ., Missouri. She married (1) WILLIAM HARGIS . She married (2) JEPTHA BEAUFORD JOHNSON 1847 in Washington Co., Missouri
Children of ALIA JOHNSON and WILLIAM HARGIS are:
i. ABIGAIL OLIVE4 HARGIS, b. 1827; m. ALFRED A. HIL
ii. ALFRED HARGIS, b. Bet. 1823 - 1843
iii. ISAAC URIAH HARGIS, b. Bet. 1823 - 1843
iv. JAMES HARGIS, b. Bet. 1823 - 1843
v. JOHN HARGIS, b. Bet. 1823 - 1843
vi. THOMAS L. HARGIS, b. Bet. 1823 - 1843
vii. WILLIAM HARGIS, b. 1841
11. JOHN HILL3 JOHNSON was born 1810 and died 1869 in Washington County, Missouri. He married JUDITH ANN C. SHORES
Children of JOHN JOHNSON and JUDITH SHORES are:
i. MARTHA O.4 JOHNSON, b. 1832,
ii. ISAAC T. JOHNSON, b. 1843, .
iii. SUSANNAH "SUSAN" JOHNSON, b. 1844
iv. URIAH G. JOHNSON, b. 1847
v. ROSALIA JOHNSON, b. 1855
12. THOMAS ROADS3 JOHNSON was born 18 May 1814 . He married DEBORE ANN (Unknown). She was born 1822 in Missouri.
Children of THOMAS JOHNSON and DEBORE (JOHNSON) are:
i. URIAH N.4 JOHNSON, b. 1849
ii. LYCURGUS A. JOHNSON, b. 1851, m. LAURA ALICE HARGUS Missouri.
iii. WASH JOHNSON, b. 1854,
iv. ELIZIA OLIVE JOHNSON, b. 1856, ., Missouri; d. 1869,
13. ISAAC CLARK3 JOHNSON was born 1825, and died 1891 He married MARIAH SPRINGER
Children of ISAAC JOHNSON and MARIAH SPRINGER are:
i. MARY4 JOHNSON, b. 1847, Missouri.
ii. JANE M. JOHNSON, b. 1849, Missouri.
iii. CHARLES JOHNSON, b. 1854, Missouri.
iv. THOMAS R. JOHNSON, b. 1857, Missouri.
v. JEPTHA B. JOHNSON, b. 1860, Missouri.
14. HARRIET ANN3 JOHNSON was born 1819 and died 1891 in Texas. She married HUGH CAMPBELL BERRY 1836 in Washington County, Missouri
Children of HARRIET JOHNSON and HUGH BERRY are:
i. HUGH THOMAS4 BERRY, b. 1837, m. MARY FRANCIS DOLLARHIDE
ii. JOHN MOSES BERRY, b. 1838, m. MARTHA JANE SPRAGUE,
iii. WILLIAM JACKSON BERRY, b. 1840
iv. EMILY MARGRET BERRY, b. 1842, m. W. H. C. HARKLEROAD.
v. JAMES CLARK BERRY, b. 1843,
vi. MILTON CAMPBELL BERRY, b. 1846,
vii. JANE ELIZA BERRY, b. 1848,
viii. EDWIN JOHNSON BERRY, b. 1850,
ix. THEODORE WHITESIDES BERRY, b. 1850, F
x. MARY HARRIETT BERRY, b. 1852
xi. CLOUMBUS LOANIDAS BERRY, b.1856
xii. BIRD MAXWELL BERRY, b. 1858
15. LUCINDA AGNES3 JOHNSON was born Abt. 1822. She married THOMAS MAXWELL 26 August 1840 in Washington County, Missouri.
Children of LUCINDA JOHNSON and THOMAS MAXWELL are:
i. JAMES NAPOLEON4 MAXWELL.
ii. JOHN FIELDING MAXWELL.
iii. EMILY JANE MAXWELL.
iv. ZACHARY TAYLOR MAXWELL.
v. JOHN CLARK MAXWELL.
vi. MARY C. MAXWELL.
vii. WILLIAM JEPTHA MAXWELL.
viii. HENRY MAXWELL.
ix. EDWIN MAXWELL.
x. MONROE MAXWELL, d. as an infant.
16. ALEY CAROLINE3 JOHNSON was born 1826 in Washington County, Missouri. She married (1) JEFFERSON COMPTON Abt. 1846. He died in "many years before 1875". She married (2) LAFAYETTE (Lindon D.) SCOTT Abt. 1856. She married (3) JOHN N. BRICKEY Abt. 1860.
Children of ALEY JOHNSON and JEFFERSON COMPTON are:
i. ELIZA JANE4 COMPTON, m. FRANK HENSLEY.
ii. MARGARET ANNA COMPTON, m. HARRISON WILSON.
iii. MARTHA MAGDALINE COMPTON.
iv. CHARLEY COMPTON, d. as an infant.
v. JOHN COMPTON, d. Bef. 1875.
vi. JAMES COMPTON.
Children of ALEY JOHNSON and JOHN BRICKEY are:
vii. THOMAS COKE4 BRICKEY.
viii. LAURA IZABEL BRICKEY.
Updated: 23 December 2004